Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Lost Season 4 Ep 3: The Economist

Sorry for not blogging lately...I had problems connecting to the internet. Anyway, what do you guys think of "The Economist"? Unfortunately I did not enjoy this episode so much cos I accidentally read some spoilers before I saw the episode (do not read the comments under YouTube's Lost trailers). SPOILER ALERT!!
Sayid is one of "The Oceanic six", I have to say that I really did not see that coming (that is before I read the spoilers). I was seriously expecting Claire to be an "Island Escapee", mostly because Desmond saw her get on the Helicopter. What was a real shocker was the fact that Sayid is now working as a contract killer for Ben! He mentioned a list of people that Ben asked him to kill, we still don't know why and who. There were some goings on on the island mostly between Jack's group and Locke's group. But personally I don't think that these are of much importance to the overall story. It's worth noting, however, that with this episode, Lost has gone back to Religion Vs Science again, which is pretty cool...Jack's group represents Reason and Science while Locke's represents complete and unquestioning Faith to the Island.
Personally I think that the most important, and overlooked, part of this episode was Daniel's experiment: he asked someone from the freighter to shoot a pod at the island...and it arrived 31 minutes late! I don't know how to tie this exactly with my personal theory (my theory is that the island is in an alternate dimension to ours), except maybe that since the Island may be in an alternate reality/dimension, time on the Island passes much slower than in our reality. This will explain why Alpert doesn't seem to age; maybe since he is moving between realities than he does not appear to be aging that fast. And this will kinda explain why women on the Island don't survive their pregnancies, maybe it's because their biological clock gets completely mixed up while on the island which results in complications. And that's it for today, I haven't watched last week's episode yet, although I have already downloaded it and will watch it today. Anyway, here's a trailer for last week's episode: "Eggtown".

No comments: